Tuesday, June 26, 2012

USF Quidditch stuff

I've been dying to post these somewhere since I mostly finished the concepts in late May, but our team (USF Quidditch) is hopefully going for the fully custom jersey look. Some of the things are imperfect, like the colors on the shield should match the vegas gold of the jerseys, but by that point, TOO LAZY. A friend helped a lot, she  had to teach me how to use a tablet. Digital art=not my forte. Our team is an official sports club though, so we actually get to use the U!!

This is my favorite, with the swoop. I know it's asymmetrical, but I actually like that a lot. Plus the little shoulder crest is completely original. Takes ideas from our other crests at school, but we will be the only ones to have this. :D 

 One I did as a joke. Makes me think of Mandalore the Ultimate's mask. For some reason our Captain liked this one.
 Not my fav, but were I to add a third fiery line thing i think it would look alright.
 This is basically what our magazine ordered jerseys from the past year look like as of now.
 Looks a bit like the side of Boba Fett's helmet, WHOOPS
 Our President asked me to redesign our logo that goes on the back of our tshirts. I actually like this a lot.
 Captain's badge I did as a joke. Our third school color is actually purple, for some reason.
 Only thing that changed is actually writing "Quidditch." Something that was suggested last year in a rather..annoying way. I was too burnt out to see they were right though. Oh well. Times, they are a changin'.
 Close up of our crest. Never would have guessed this was done from scratch, rather than stealing it from the internet.
I recognize the H is off. A teammate suggested that he really wanted our jerseys to say somewhere that we play Quidditch. He also said our Bulls jersey crest should stay on the right, over the heart. "Where it should be." I liked that, so to balance it out I figured this would go on the other side. Considering our official athletics font isn't available anywhere, and I had to do this from scratch too....I'm proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment